MFA University of New Mexico
BFA Kansas City Art Institute
Graduate Studies University of New Mexico
BFA William Woods College
SELECTED SOLO EXHIBITIONS
- Gautier's Dream, Cathering Edelman Gallery, Chicago, IL
-Crossing: Robert and Shana ParkeHarrison, Slete Gallery, Venice, CA
-Excerpts from Architects Brother, Slete Gallery, Paris Photo LA.
- New Works, and Old, Suzanne TaraSieve Gallery, Paris
- WALL At WAM, Two-year Mural installation, Worcester Art Museum, Worcester, MA
- The Architect?s Brother: Photogravures by Robert and Shana ParkeHarrison, Art Academy of Cincinnati, OH
- Selections from The Architect?s Brother, Jack Shainman
- Gallery, New York, NY.
- Beginnings, Catherine Edelman gallery, Chicago, Il.
- Selections from the Counterpoint Series, David Floria Gallery, Aspen, CO.
- Selections from the Counterpoint Series, Jackson Fine Art, Atlanta, GA.
- Counterpoint, Jack Shainman Gallery, New York, NY.
- RESTORATION: Robert and Shana ParkeHarrison, Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Kansas City, MO.
- Gray Dawn,Catherine Edelman Gallery, Chicago, IL.
- Recent Works, Sirius Art Center, Cobh, County Cork, Ireland
- Recent Works, Gallery of Photography, Dublin, Ireland
- Recent Works, Marion Center for the Arts, College of Santa Fe, Santa Fe, NM.
- Recent Works, Elizabeth Leach Gallery, Portland, OR
- Procession, OBSOLETE, Venice, CA.
- Procession, Bernard Toale Gallery, Boston, MA.
- Current Works, San Francisco Art Institute?s McBeanGallery, San Francisco, CA
- New Images, Catherine Edelman Gallery, Chicago, IL
- The Sentinels, Bonni Benrubi Gallery, New York, NY.
- Earth Elegies, Bonni Benrubi Gallery, New York, NY
- Promisedland, Robert Koch Gallery, San Francisco, CA
- Promisedland, Richard Levy Gallery, Albuquerque, NM
- Industrialscapes, Robert Koch Gallery, San Francisco, CA
TRAVELLING SOLO EXHIBITIONS
"The Architect?s Brother"
- Baum Gallery of Fine Art, University of Central Arkansas, Conway, AR
- Eleanor D. Wilson Museum, Hollins University, Roanoke, VA
- Sheldon Art Gallery, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE
- Mary Brogan Museum of Art and Science, Tallahassee, FL
- Herbert Johnson Museum of Art, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
- Figge Museum of Art, Davenport, IA
- University of Wyoming Museum of Art, Laramie, WY
- University of New Mexico Art Museum, Albuquerque, NM
- Mois de la Photographie, Montreal, Canada
- Museum of Photographic Arts, San Diego, CA
- Galerie im Stadtmuseum, Jena, Germany
- DeCordova Museum, Lincoln, MA
- George Eastman House, International Museum of Photography and Film, Rochester, NY. Curated by Therese Mulligan, Ph.D.
- Constructeurs d'absurd Bricoleurs d'utopie, Abbaye Saint Andre-Centre d'art contemporain, Meymac, France.
- L' Objet-Nuage, Musée Réattu, the Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art of the City of Arles, France
- International Biennial of Photography, FOTOGRAFICA BOGATA
- National Museum of Photography, Bogota, Columbia
- Mediations Biennale 2012, Poznan, Poland,
- Lille 3000, Lille, France
- Performing for the Camera, Arizona State University Museum, Tempe, Arizona
- By Way of these Eyes: The Hyland Collection, American Museum, Bath, UK.
- MONDES INVENTÉS, MONDES HABITÉS (Invented Worlds, Inhabited Worlds) Mudam Luxembourg - MusÉe d?Art Moderne Grand-Duc Jean
- Second Space Opening, Galeries Suzanne Tarasieve, Paris, France.
- Cloudscapes: Photographs from the Collections New Mexico Museum of Art, Dallas, TX.
- Image That! Museum of Photographic Arts, San Diego, CA.
- Proof, Catherine Edelman Gallery, Chicago, IL.
- Familiar Bodies, Carroll and Sons, Boston, MA.
- Couples, Ferrin Gallery, Pittsfield, MA.
- Thinking Photography: Five Decades at the Kansas City Art Institute, Nelso-Atkins Museum of Art, Kansas City, MO.
- Artist as Performer, Houston Center for Photography, Houston, TX.
- Magnificent Gifts for the 75th Anniversary Collecting Initiative, The Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Kansas City, MO.
- The Missing Peace, Nobel Museum, Stockholm, Sweden
- The Missing Peace, Brukenthal Palace Museum, Sibiu, Romania
- Art/ Not Art, George Eastman House International Museum of Photography and Film, Rochester, NY.
- The Missing Peace, Fundacion Canal, Madrid, Spain
- The Missing Peace, Frost Art Museum, Miami, FL.
- Beyond Appearances, Lehman College Art Gallery, Bronx, NY.
- Clouds in Photography, Musée Malraux (Le Havre fine arts museum)France
- Imaging a Shattering Earth: Contemporary Photography and the Environmental Debate, Brunnier Art Museum, Iowa State University, Ames, IA
- A Mind at Play, Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, IL.
- Working man, Analix Forever, Geneva, Switzerland
- The Missing Peace: Artists Consider the Dalai Lama, Tokyo, Japan.
- C Photo, Phillips de Pury, New York City, NY.
- Contemporary COOL and Collected, The Mint Museums, Charlotte, NC.
- The Missing Peace: Artists Consider the Dalai Lama Rubin Museum of Art, New York, NY, Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, San Francisco, CA.
- Emory Visual Arts Gallery, Atlanta, GA.
- Envisioning Change, Nobel Peace Center, Oslo, Norway and Bozar, Palace of Fine Arts, Brussels, Belgium
- Flight of Fancy, Museum of Fine Arts, Santa Fe, NM
- Opening Exhibition, Nerman Museum of Contemporary Art, Johnson County, KS.
- Imaging a Shattering Earth: Contemporary Photography and the Environmental Debate, Canadian Museum of Contemporary Photography, Ottawa, Dalhousie Art Gallery, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- A New Reality: Black and White Photography in Contemporary Art, Jane Voorhees Zimmerli Art Museum, New Brunswick, NJ.
- Mockumentaries, Winston Wachter Fine Art, New York, NY.
- C on Cities, Venice Biennale of Architecture, Venice, IT.
- The Missing Peace: Artists Consider the Dalai Lama
- Fowler Museum of Cultural History, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, Loyola University Museum of Art, Chicago, IL
- Seeing the Light, Carl Solway Gallery, Cincinnati, OH
- Hand in Hand: Domestic and Creative Partnerships in the Digital Age, Minneapolis Center for Photography, Minneapolis, MN
- Imaging a Shattering Earth: Contemporary Photography and the Environmental Debate, CONTACT, Toronto Photography Festival, Toronto, BC.
- Landscape, Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, NY.
- Dreamscapes, John Michael Kohler Arts Center
- Imaging a Shattering Earth: Contemporary Photography and the Environmental Debate, Meadow Brook Art Gallery, Oakland University, Rochester, Michigan.
- 57 on 57th, Bonni Benrubi Gallery, New York, NY.
- Deamweavers, Yancey Richardson Gallery, New York, NY
- Group Show, Northlight Gallery, Arizona State University,Tempe, AZ.
- Portrait of the Art World: A Century of ARTnews Photographs, Museum of Fine Arts, Santa Fe, NM
- Silver Images: The Photography Collection at 25, Chrysler Museum of Art Norfolk, VA
- L?artiste mis en scene, La Galerie Filles de Calvaire, Brussels, Belgium
- Role Play in Self-Portrait Photography, Zabriskie Gallery, New York, NY
- Portrait of the Art World: A Century of ARTnews Photographs, The Smithsonian Institute, Washington DC
- Defying Gravity: Contemporary Art and Flight, North CarolinaMuseum of Art, Raleigh, NC
- Zen and the Art of Photography, Bonni Benrubi Gallery, New York, NY
- Recent Acquisitions, Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, NY
- Portrait of the Art World: A Century of ARTnews Photographs, the New York Historical Society, NY
- New Acquisitions/ New Work/ New Directions 3: Contemporary Selections, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Los Angeles CA
- Crafted Image: 19th Century Techniques in Contemporary Photography, Boston University Art Gallery, Boston, MA
- The Alchemy of Light, Cumberland Gallery, Nashille, TN
- Re-Thought and Re-Seen: 21st Century Photographers/19th Century Processes, University of Missouri, Kansas City, Kansas City, MO
- Photograph & Monograph, Bonni Benrubi Gallery, New York, NY
- Expanded Vision: Highlights from the Permanent Collection, Museum of Photographic Arts, San Diego, CA
- American Photography: Recent Additions to the Hallmark
- Photographic Collection, Nelson Atkins Art Museum, Kansas City, MO
- Celebrating Contemporary Art in New England: Recent Acquisitions, DeCordova Museum , Lincoln, MA
- Self Developed, Eyre Moore Gallery, Seattle, WA
- More Than One: Prints and Portfolios From Center Street Studio, University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth, MA
- Taken from Nature, The Art Gallery of Petersborough, Peterborough, Ontario
- Idea Photographic: New Mexico, 516 ArtSpace, Albuquerque, NM
- The 3rd Tokyo International Photo-Biennale: Fragments of Document and Memory, Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography, Tokyo, Japan
- DeCordova Annual Exhibition, DeCordova Museum and Sculpture Park, Lincoln, MA
- New Voices/New Visions, University Art Center, University of California, San Diego, San Diego, CA
- Three Generations, Spiva Art Center, Joplin, MO
- More Than One: Prints and Portfolios From Center Street Studio, Marsh Art Gallery, University of Richmond, VA
- Telling Stories: Narrative Impulses in Contemporary American Photography, George Eastman House, International Museum of Photography and Film, Rochester,NY
- Current Fictions: Work By Emerging Artists, Museum of Photographic Arts, San Diego,CA
- Contemporary New Mexico Artists: Sketches and Schemas, SITE Santa Fe, Santa Fe, NM and University of Nebraska,Lincoln, NE
- Pushing Image Paradigms, Portland Institute for Contemporary Art, Portland, OR
RESIDENCIES, FELLOWSHIP, AWARDS
- Nancy Graves Foundation, Artist Grant
- Peter Reed Foundation, Artist Grant
- Artist Grant in Photography, Massachusetts Cultural Council, Boston, MA
- Monograph, The Architect?s Brother, Twin palms Publishers, named one of ?ten Best Photography Books of the Year? by New York Times.
- John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation Fellowship, New York, NY
- Award of Nippon Polaroid Kabushiki Kaisha, Tokyo Metropolitan Foundation for History and Culture, Tokyo Metropolitan Museum of Photography, Tokyo, JP
- Aaron Siskind Foundation Fellowship, School of Visual Arts, New York, NY
- Research and Publications Grant, College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA
- Roswell Museum and Art Center Artist-In-Residence Grant, Roswell, NM
Mudam Luxembourg - MusÉe d?Art Moderne Grand-Duc Jean
Los Angeles County Museum, Los Angeles, CA
San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, San Francisco, CA
Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, NY
National Museum of American Art, Washington D.C.
Cleveland Museum of Art, Cleveland,OH
Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, MA
Museum of Photographic Arts, San Diego, CA
Houston Museum of Fine Arts, Houston, TX
Nelson-Atkins Museum, Kansas City, MO
Nerman Museum of Contempoary Art, Johnson County, KS
Galerie im Stadtmuseum, Jena, Germany
The Chrysler Museum, Norfolk, VA
George Eastman House, International Museum of Photography and Film,
Decordova Museum and Sculpture Park, Lincoln, MA
Santa Barbara Museum of Art, Santa Barbara, CA
The Hallmark Fine Art Collection, Hallmark Cards Corp, Kansas City, MO
Microsoft Corporation, Redmond, WA
The John D. & Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, Chicago, Il
Middlebury College Museum of Art, Middlebury, VT.
Rhode Island School of Design Art Museum, Providence, RI
Vassar College, Frances Lehman LOEB Art Center, Poughkeepsie, NY
Photographic Resource Center, Boston, MA
Williams College Museum of Art, Williamstown, MA
Figge Museum of Art, Davenport, IA
Worcester Art Museum, Worcester, MA
Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver, Jacobson Attorneys at Law, New York, NY
New York Public Library, New York, NY
Fogg Art Museum, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
The Joseph and Elaine Monsen Collection, Seattle, WA
Tweed Museum, Duluth, MN
Progressive Corporation, Cleveland, OH
Anderson Museum of Contemporary Art, Roswell, NM
Luminos Photography Corporation, Yonkers, NY
McNeese State University Art Museum, Lake Charles, LA
Agfa Division, Bayer Corporation, Ridgefield Park, NJ
Counterpoint, Published by Twin Palms Publishers, Santa Fe
Book of Life: Photography of Robert and Shana ParkeHarrison.
John Wood, editor, poems by Morrie Creech, Published by 21st,
The Journal of Contemporary Photography
Listening to the Earth, photography by Robert ParkeHarrison
John Wood, editor, poems by Morrie Creech, Published by 21st,
The Journal of Contemporary Photography
The Architect's Brother, Robert and Shana ParkeHarrison
essay by W.S. Merwin, Published by Twin Palms/Twelve Trees Press
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESS
Jessica Schreibstein, Surreal Scenes Make Big Environmental Statements, The picture Show, National Public Radio Website, April, 2011
Jonathan Stead, ?The Architect?s Brother: Jonathan Stead on an intriguing series by Robert and Shana ParkeHarrison,? AG: The International Journal of Photographic Art & Practice, Spring 2011/#63
Corey Dzenko, ?Everyman?s Actions: The White Male Body in Performance Photographs,? Athanor XXVIII (A Project Publication of the Museum of Fine Arts Press, Florida State University of Art History).
Michael Dee, ?Soker vagen till framtiden,? FOTO Magazine, Nr.2/2011
Stewart Oksenhorn, Art, Three ways: Artists Contemplate Man, Nature and Technology, The Aspen Times
David Whitman, ?Dans L?atelier de Robert and Shana ParkeHarrison?
Canopée, Nature & Découvertes, March 2010.
Carol McCusker, ?Future ImPerfect?, Color Magazine, 2009
Ann Landi, Review, Artnews, (May 2009)
Diane S. Hope, ?Reporting the Future? Visual Communication Quarterly, Vol.16 #1, Routledge Taylor and Francis Group Publishing (Jan.-Mar.2009)
Artist Portfolio, The Georgia Review, Summer 2009
Artist Portfolio, Horizons, Ivory Press, London, 2008
Artist Portfolio, A Magazine curated by Chris Van Assche, Nr. 7
Artist Portfolio in connectin with Die Macht, die uns lenkt,
GEO kompakt, nr.15, 2008
Artist Portfolio, C Photography Magazine, 5th edition, 2007
Robert Shuster, ?The Icon?s Icon,? Village Voice, Julu 31, 2007
Alan Artner, ?Two Artists Click with Collaborative Photos,?Chicago Tribune, May 18, 2007.
"Art in Action: Nature, Creativity and Our Collecive Future,"
New World Museum, Earth Aware Editions, 2007
?The Missing Peace: Artists and the Dalai Lama,? forward by H.H.the Dalai Lama, Earth Aware Editions, 2006
Artist Portfolio, and interview Zoom Magazine,January, 2007
Artist Portfolio, C Photography Magazine, 2nd edition, 2006
"Drawing from Life: The Journal as Art," Jennifer New, PrincetonArchitectural Press, 2005
"The Art of Collecting Photography," Laura Noble, AVA Publishing,2006.
Artist Portfolio, Le Monde, January 2005, page 12 of Diplomatique, ? L?alibi politique des utopias technologiques?
Artist Portfolio, GEO magazine, December, 2004.
Christine Temin, ?He?s Out to Save a World of his Own Making,? Boston Globe, September 19, 2004.
Erik Stephan, Robert and Shana ParkeHarrison, Exhibition catalog, For The Architect?s Brother, Galerie im Stadtmuseum, Jena. 2004
Donald Kuspit, ?The Art of Being Seen: Artist?s Self-Portraits,? Art New England, April 2004.
Jason Houston and David Whitman, Balancing Act, Orion Magazine, January/February, 2004.
Roswitha Salzberger, "The Architect?s Brother,? PhotoNews: Zeitung Fur Fotografie, October 2003.
Diana Gaston, "Review: Robert ParkeHarrison at George Eastman House," Art in America, January 2003.
Wolinski, Natacha, "Sur La Terre Comme Au Ciel,? Beaux Arts Magazine, February 2003.
Sylvia Wolf, "Visions from America: Photographs from the Whitney Museum of American Art", 1940 - 2002, Prestal Books, 2002.
William F. Stapp, "Portrait of the Art World: A Century of ARTnews Photographs,? Yale University Press, 2002.
Mary Warner Marien, "Photography: A Cultural History,? Harry N. Abrams Inc. Publishing, 2002.
Bruno Masi, "ParkeHarrison Monde A Part," Liberation, December 15, 2002.
Sarah Boxer, "Following A Shifting Gaze As Portraiture Evolves,? Photography Review, The New York Times, November 22, 2002.
Andy Grundberg, "Photography Book review," The New York Times, December 3, 2000.
Orion: People & Nature, "Trash," Autumn 2000.
Vicki Goldberg, "Everyman Tries to Save the Earth, One Image at a Time,? The New York Times, February 4, 2000. (Review: Earth Elegies exhibition).
Sylvain Campeau, "Ecophile," CV Photo, Issue #49, Winter 1999.
Arthur Ollman, catalogue essay from Fragments of Document and Memory, The 3rd Tokyo International Photo-Biennale.
David Clemmer, "Critical Reflections," THE Magazine, April/May 1999.
T.D. Mobley-Martinez, "The Wizard of Pause," Albuquerque Tribune, March 12,1999
Wesley Pulkka, "Review, " Albuquerque Journal, March 14, 1999.
John Wood, "A Grand and Solitary Epic," 21st: The Journal of Contemporary Photography, Volume two, 1999.
Peggy Amison, Photo Metro, July 1998, (Interview).
Bensley, Lis, Santa Fe New Mexican, April 18-24, 1997, (Interview).
Diane Armitage, "Review," THE Magazine, September 1996.
Edmunds, Kristy, Pushing Image Paradigms, 1996, (Exhibition Catalogue).
Contemporary Art in New Mexico,Adlmann, Jan Ernst with Barbara McIntyre, 1996,
Van De Walle, Mark, "Aperto," Flash Art, Summer 1995, pp. 78-79.
Adlmann, Jan Ernst, "An Impresario of Dreams," Roswell Museum, May 1995, (Exhibition Catalog)
Van De Walle, Mark, Artforum, March 1995, pp. 95-96, (Review).
Adlmann, Jan Ernst, "Report from Santa Fe: Going Mainstream," Art in America, January 1995, pg. 52.
Van De Walle, Mark, "Critical Reflections: Cardboard Sky", THE Magazine,January,February1995(Review)
Image Use, ( Year long promotional campaign) Le Cirque-Théâtre d'Elbeuf , Haute-Normandie, France 2012
Image Use, cover for ?Swing Low? by Miriam Toews. 2012
Image Use, cover for ?The Politics of Knives? by Jonathan Ball
Image Use, image for article, GeoKompakt, 2012
Image Use, Theatrical Production Advertising, Theatrical Group EN,2012
Image Use, Book cover for ?INFIGO by Clemens Setz, 2012
Image Use, Book cover for, ? Zeesla en de lepeds van Alice? by Kador Abdolah, 2012.
Image Use, book cover ?Perpetual Motion? by Marilyn McCabe 2011
Image Use, Book cover, ?Le Calme Retrouve? by Tim Parks 2011
Image Use, Book Cover, ?Beautiful Losers? by Leonard Cohen, 2011
Image Use, Book cover, ?O Filho de mil Homens? by Valter Hugo Mae 2011
Image Use, Book cover, ?Conjunctions? Literary Journal 2011.
Image Use, Book cover, ? L?Homme Sans Passe: Freud et la Tragedie Historique? by Therese Delpech.
Image Use, (cover image) Ghosts with No Maps, Albawtaka Review?s Anthology, 2011, Albawtaka Publishing House
Image Use, GEO kompakt Nr. 26 journal. 2011
Image Use, ARTFORUM Magazine, Ad for exhibition, 2/2011.
Image Use,Cover Image,CONJUNCTIONS:56 Terra Incognita: The Voyage Issue, Spring 2011 Edited by Bradford Morrow
Image Use, Robert Hirsch, Exploring Color Photography: From Film to Pixels, Focal Press.
Image Use, book cover, ?A Journey Round My Skull by FrygiesKarinthy, 2010
Image Use, Article for Le Monde Diplomatique
Image Use, book cover Clockfire by Jonathan Ball, 2010.
Image Use, Fahrenheit: arte Contempor?aneo, N?um 41, 2010.
Image Use, (Cover Image) Orion Magazine, May / June 2010.
Image Use, book cover. ?L?appel de l?Ombre-Puissance de l?irrationnel? by Therese Delpech.
Image Use, (cover Image) Stradda: le magazine de la cr?eation hors les murs, Avril 2010.
Image use, book cover, ?la Muette? by Bruno Wajskop, 2010
Image Use, Harper?s Magazine, February 2010.
Image Use, Hayden?s Ferry Review, Issue 46, Spring/Summer 2010.
Image Use, New Yorker Magazine, November 16, 2009
Image use, Etapes Magazine, Paris (Mar. 2009)
Image Use, Adbusters,?Natural World/Virtual World? #6,Vol.17 (Nov/Dec. 2009).
Image Use, ?As Is?, James Galvin, Copper Canyon Press (2009)
Image Use, ?Mise En Place?, Margot Vanderstraeten, Ultgeverij Atlas (2009)
Image Use, FOCUS, Italy, December 2009
Image Use, New Yorker Magazine, March 2008
Image Use, Lettre, Special Anniversary Edition, June 2008
Image Use, Harpers Magazine, October, 2005.